Transition management for a new service contract often appears to be a preliminary phase or a back-end effort. But in reality, it is one of the many core procedures for every outsourced facilities maintenance business. When managed competently, contract transition can impact the standard of services delivered in the future and ensure that the maintenance plan is successful.
A successful and effective contract transition is as important as the terms of the contract and how well they align with the customer’s requirements and expectations. In order for the services to start and continue to be effective and sustainable, experienced facilities maintenance companies like ESS provide a dedicated team to process the transition. This team spends up to 45 days to plan the transition before the start date of a new project. Some of the key areas of this planning phase include the following steps:
- Assessment of the new account by senior management
- Review of the customer’s facility by Operations managers
- Conduct a rigorous hiring process with emphasis on recruiting employees who are a good match for the company, its customer, and the job assignment
- Initial and follow-up training for new and existing employees
- Prepare for timely delivery of supplies and equipment at the customer’s facility
- Ensure successful completion of orientation training
- Distribute ID badges among staff
- Complete building control logs
At ESS, we believe that there is no one-size-fits-all solution to a smooth service transition. The effectiveness of our transition management process lies in our well-thought-out transition plan that is developed by a dedicated business deployment team for new accounts. To learn more about our structured transition phase, contact us here.